PROVIDE CITIZEN INPUT, ASSISTANCE AND EXPERTISE TO THE MILTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS (MPS) ON DIVERSITY-RELATED ISSUES.
- Meet monthly with MPS superintendent to address issues such as:
- Opportunities to increase the diversity of the MPS faculty and staff;
- MPS baseline data reporting;
- Professional development;
- Addressing the racial achievement gap and district-wide strategies to address it such as the Advancement Initiative.
- Meet individually with School Committee members and testify before full School Committee to advocate for CDM priorities.
SUPPORT MILTON’S DIVERSE SCHOOL COMMUNITY
- Promoted High School Diversity Committee’s “50 Year’s Later: Why the Struggle for Civil Rights is Still Relevant,” Greater Boston Black Male Leadership Panel;
- Supporting Milton High School efforts to encourage diversity of players in town and school sports;
- Collaborate with MPS to convene semi-annual, district-wide meetings on high achievement for all students with the administration, staff, principals and parents;
- Foster creation of diversity committees at all six Milton schools, including the development of a common charter. CDM members are active in school-based committees; and
- Recruit parents for school-based committees.
COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS AND CITIZEN GROUPS TO INCREASE TOWN-WIDE AWARENESS OF DIVERSITY-RELATED ISSUES IN MILTON
- Work collaboratively with Celebrate Milton and Milton Interfaith Clergy Association .